MAKE $$$ and FAME do NOT delete this is REAL

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 09:03:52 EST

>Final word, ever tuned a piano from 1908?  Do you  expect your great
>grand children to have your digital in 2088?  And what will have
>become of that 1908 piano in 2088? Will digitals ever need a $10,000,
>$5,000, or even $500 rebuilding project??
>
>Richard Moody

Unfortunately, our grand children will still be trying to repair and tune a
1908 uprgiht, because "my grandmother played it when she was a little girl".

I totally agree with your assement here, Ricahrd. Digital pianos are constatly
being upgraded, and new ones are coming on the market every day. About 13
years ago, Bill Brandon of Yamaha said that a new electronic instument is
invented every 10 months, and that same instrument is obsolete in 18 months.

The modern piano was invented over a hundred years ago, and nothing new has
been done to it since. My bet is that a hundred years from now it will still
be made just about the same way, and piano tuners are still going to be
needed, to repair and tune them. (I wonder if they will still be arguing over
which tempermant to use).

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis