a different piano design...

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 23:46:06 +0000

Del and List,
	On the Charles Walter Grands, wow, what an incredible instrument. Had
the opportunity to get up close and personal in the factory with the
Cleveland Chapter back in Nov. Mr. Walter was kind enough to led the
tour himself.
	I really liked the design of the ribs in a fan shape, the Soundboard
stop? (don't know the correct term, almost like a rib, used to stop
sound from covering entire board) and the idea of the hitch pins
(similar to the Baldwin Accu Just). Very nice rounded sound. Currently
working with the dealer that handles the Walter pianos. Have only had
one in Cleveland, but I haven't had the opportunity to work on it. I
can't wait though.

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service
Lakewood, OH