voicing techniques by the Yamaha master (long)

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 03:09:36 -0600

Thank you Ed for the detailed voicing procedure.
Now I am curious about string leveling .  Please see below. .  rm

----------
> From: ETomlinCF3@aol.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: voicing techniques by the Yamaha master (long)
> Date: Sunday, February 15, 1998 10:08 PM
>
> Richard and list,
> Sometimes when he played a note that sounded dull he
> said "string not level do you hear that?" He then string
> leveled and said that is why he filed hammers so he knew it was the
string not
> the hammers.

How did he "Level" the strings?  And how did he determine which
strings were not level?