Virus alert! Hoax Alert!

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 23:07:31 EST

<<
 Dave and list,
 Virus alerts like this are pure nonsence!
 The forwarding of these warnings itself has the effect of a virus. So just
 delete them.
 Michiel.

Perhaps you remember the virus "Your Pen Pal."  I know of a person who opened
their email with this name and it crashed the entire computer, hardward,
programs and all.  You can delete the warnings all you want but if you open a
email post and the file with the warning comes on, do not come crying to me
when you crash your computer.  BTW, all of the warnings come from IBM and I
believe they are very reliable.  I do not write this to be annoyant but rather
because I care.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR

P.S.  I did receive a virus opening an email a couple of years ago.  It shut
down the program but thankfully, my computer stayed intact.