query

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:13:37 +0100

Ralph,
It is a quite normal practice in the financial world that competitors own
shares in each others companies. Philips and Sony, do I know.

>How about humanitarian reasons: "I just wanna help the little company
>out".
>
>As our European techs will inform you, There aren't really any Japanese
>autos sold in Europe....... Volks, Volvo Renault, Saab, Fiat, ,
>etc....VERY few Japanese cars.I don't really know what that means. I
>offer it only to give us something to think about.

There are very much Japanese cars sold (and made) in Europe.
Volvo and Mitshubishi have a joint ownership in a car factory in Holland
where Volvos and Mitshubishis are made on the same production line. and they
have been using Renault eniges and gearboxes.

>Possibly one of the other guys or gals could suggest why Yamaha would
>invest in a European COMPETITOR.

Yamaha and Kemble work together in England . I don't know anything about
ownership.

Michiel van Loon
mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Meppel