Vs: Part-timers again

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:41:36 EST

>I'm wondering, does any association test the members again, say every five
>years for ex., to see if they maintain the level that the association claims
>only
>the members have? Or do the associations just trust that after having passed
>the exam to become a member, you're keeping up at least that level, perhaps
>even getting better (that's the way at least here in Finland).
>
>And how do people prove they are not part timers? Show their tax papers?
>
>Kirsi Lassi
>Finland

Kirsi:

Wonderfull to hear from other parts of the world.

The PTG does not have a recertification plan. Once a person becomes an RPT, it
is assumed his/her competence level will remain at the exam level, (or
better). But there is no way to prove it.

As far as how to prove whether you are full time or part time, that is a good
question. Barrie, or others in the UK, how does the PTA police this?

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis