Chinese pianos

Billbrpt Billbrpt@aol.com
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 08:55:43 EST

I'm BACK!!!

Yep, gang, I just got in last night and signed on to see what might be the
topic of discussion.  Yes, there is useful discussion about repinning but
there is also the same old...

<< "Brentwood", a real POS IMHO- (snip)  Surely, no market that we could
compete with in the US, nor could Europe either. What do you think? (snip)
maybe I better get my flame gear on? >>

Better yet, start thinking about the consequences of making derrogatory and
public statements about certain brands that you personally have not yet
developed the skill to handle.

"Surely, we could never compete with the Chinese in their market."  Keep
thinking that way, that you can't compete with someone else, you cant tune
that brand of piano because it has "poor scaling", you can't service it
because you can't take it's action out or even figure out how to get it open,
and you will surely fulfill your own profecy.

Maybe it's time for those who can't compete because they think they already
know everything there is to know that's worth knowing, that there is only one
right way, that they do not need to know or practice this or that technique
because none or their clients ever asked for it or would ever know the
difference, to wake up and smell the coffee.

While the Xenophobes who can't compete go down hill condemning the pianos
their customers have purchased in their homes and on this List,  ridiculing
everything they don't understand and are unwilling to learn, there will be
newcomers who easily learn all that the new markets demand.

You can bet on that.

Bill