CA adhesive repairs

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 02:02:49 -0500

>Question regarding gap filling capabilities and procedures.

Conrad,

The way I heard it explained was to coat the screw with a petroleum jelly
before inserting it into the glue.  I have never tried it so I can't vouch
for the results though I would be interested in hearing how it works.

chris

>My retention span challenged and paper-brain deprived memory thinks it heard
>that a coating of silicone will stop adhesion.
>
>I have a music rack, of the mostly glue construction persuasion, which has
>stript screwholes.  Can I fill the hole with gap filling CA and insert
>silicone coated screw and later be able to remove screw?  Or am I confusing
>epoxy characteristics?
>
>Conrad
>

>Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
>Luther College
>700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
>hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu -or- pno2ner@salamander.com
>
>If I had multiple personality disorder, my resume would make more sense.

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (614) 593-1656    fax# (614) 593-1429