Boston verticals

Don Mannino dmannino@kawaius.com
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 07:55:27 -0800

Chuck,

It would be hard to make a piano with closer tolerances than a Kawai!
The Boston piano is in not better or worse than the Kawai, only a
slightly different design.  The scale and case designs are set by
Steinway, and Kawai builds the pianos on an OEM basis. You can be sure
that Kawai does not put more care into a contract piano than they do
with the one that has the founder's name on it!

The only real qualitative difference is that the Kawai uses the
up-to-date ABS materials in the action. This gives the benefit of better
accuracy and lower maintenance (from parts becoming loose, etc.).

Do not be taken in by a sales pitch - go with the sound and touch of the
piano, and buy the one you prefer.

Don Mannino RPT, Manager
Kawai Piano Technical Support, US and Canada
DMannino@kawaius.com