informal survey

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 01 Jan 1998 21:33:07 -0800

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> Tom Cole wrote:
> > Also, I'd like to suggest another category - partially reconditioned.
> > Whether a piano is reconditioned by someone who specializes in bridal
> > tape and pad replacement but demurs at key rebushing or, because of
> > budgetary constraints, an abbreviated refurbishing is asked for, I vote
> > for this additional category.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > --
> > Thomas A. Cole RPT
> > cole@cruzio.com
> > Santa Cruz, CA
>
> ---------------------------------
> Do you really think this should be another category? Where does one cross the line from simply repairing a problem, or even a
> few problems, found in a piano to a "category" of repairs?

Del,

I don't mean that we should draw a line anywhere. If a piano needs ten
things to be done to it and, for whatever reason, only 5 are
accomplished, I can think of instances where it would be easier to call
it partially reconditioned rather than to list the 5 specific repairs.

If you say that a certain piano was partially reconditioned, then I
would understand that more work needs to be done without your needing to
elaborate further.

Interesting to hear about "pads" being used in PTG.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole RPT
Santa Cruz, CA