Titanic's Pianos

Tom Myler TomMyler@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 07:54:01 -0800

>While we're on the subject of good movies, I just came back from watching
>"As Good As It Gets" with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt.  It was a terrific
>movie and in it Jack Nicholson plays a grand piano that is so out of tune
>it will make your skin crawl. Must be a low-budget movie.  I recommend it
>highly in spite of the piano.
>
>Ted Simmons

I would also recommend The Marx Brothers' "A Day at the Races".   About
halfway through,  Harpo gives us valuable insights into piano construction.

Equally informative, and hilarious, is Laurel & Hardy's "The Music Box";
valuable tips on piano moving.

Tom Myler
"The young person knows the rules;
   The old person knows the exceptions."