No-Shows in the New Year

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 00:29:32 -0500 (EST)

At 11:14 PM 1/5/98 EST, JIMRPT wrote:

> I wait fifteen minutes, leave a bill for a tuning, and forget about it until
>I hear from the customer. The good customers will call quickly and/or pay the
>bill, usually both, and the bad/not so good will do neither and you are better
>off without them.
> I do not pursue payment of the original bill for the missed appt. in either
>case. The only purpose of the bill is to let them know that I was there and
>that I am due payment for services as requested by them.
>  Get some audio book tapes and listen to a good book while you are waiting.

..good points as always, Jim..but..what if the no-show is a Warranty tuning
for the local dealer you work with and is the bulk of your growing data
base, like myself?..

..do you charge the dealer?..do you charge the customer, who thinks that
this is a FREE tuning for them..??

..i've only had this happen once to me so far..and I was unsure as to how
best to handle the situation..charging the customer seems wrong, if it's
suppose to be a free-bee to them..and charging the dealer seems like nickle
and diming them, and we all know what happens when you start nickel and
diming dealers..right, Guy?