rib Crown

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:58:36 -0600 (CST)

>It is always good to keep in mind that concentration on details which are
>insignificant to the whole of the problem is largely wasted effort.
>
>Frank Weston

Too right! I'm just looking for possible ways to improve my methods and
results. In trying to gather as much information as possible toward deciding
what IS significant, I've found that there are a LOT of conflicting
opinions, but precious little hard data. My intent was to try to tap the
pool of experience represented by the List, to avoid thrashing off into
unproductive directions unnecessarily. You know as well as I that a
relatively uncommon question here will usually trigger an avalanche of
errata, with a hint of substance, and an odd gem or two. I was looking for
gems, but this one made for a pretty small slide. If I can't get there from
the basics up, I'll work backward from the details. Hard heads don't
necessarily win, but they usually end up with a pretty clear picture of what
beat them.

Never giving up,
 Ron Nossaman