Doors Left Unlocked

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 17:55:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Jeannie Grassi wrote:

> .......I make all efforts to meet a new customer in person for
> the first visit, to go over the condition of the piano BEFORE I've
> touched anything...<snip>

For the newer techs out there, it cannot be over-emphsized how important
it is that if you ever walk in unexpectedly on a PLAYER piano for a new
customer, DON'T TOUCH IT until after the customer has demonstrated to you
how well it works. Otherwise you're just asking for a situation where you
hear: "What did you do to my piano? It was working GREAT before you tuned
it". At that point, it's too late to verify the condition of the piano.
You're up you-know-what creek, in a leaky boat, without a paddle and sink-
ing FAST. By having the customer demonstrate the condition of the piano
FIRST, you are invoking NEWTON'S FIRST LAW: CYA!!!!! :-)

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net