piano for sale

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 10:18:55 -0700

At 02:56 AM 1/8/98 EST, you wrote:

>         What I want to know is if  a Guild RPT made that appraisal?????????
>Does someone know??  I dont want to offend non-Guild people by that
>statement,but for my own ethics, I want to know!! Do we have anyone in the
>Houston area that does know?????? If someone in that area has the time, and
>the call is free, find out!
> Is there any way that it could be a typo? 32K for $320.00??

Theodore, et al,
	There's a real good chance that no true appraisal exists. I once took a
look at a Grand brand spinet that a person called me about, hoping that I
would buy it from her. It was, shall we say, un-desirable. She asked me
what I thought about it.... In an effort to be diplomatic, I turned it
down, and said, "At least it has a full 88 notes."
	One week later, a classified hit the local paper:
		"11 octave Grand, appraised by Nichols" etc etc

	Oh boy. I got several calls on that one, mainly good customers, giving me
a hard time. It was easy to see how the seller had done her math. With the
seller being un-reachable, and the paper being incompetent, it took about 5
or 6 days for that ad to be changed. I don't believe in pointless
litigation, and no real harm was done, but it's just one example of how our
"customers" can ..uh.. misconstrue the true meaning and intent of our words
and actions. Or lie, or whatever. Sometimes it must just be... stupidity.
Sorry. I mean, what the heck else can you call it? Maybe Newton knows, but
he's not here now, is he?

Guy

>           This complaint may sound,and very well may be, stupid!! But this
>OUR buisness, and for the record, I will be greatly offended if anyone in the
>piano buisness made this appraisal, Guild member, non-Guild technician, or
>piano dealer alike.
>My only other idea of such a ludicrious appraisal is that they included the
>heavy bag of GOLD DUBLOONS with it!
>                                                      Theodore Mamel RPT
>                                                       Pittsburgh Chapter
>PS By the way, I am familiar with the Naugyhide covered Wurlitzer with 2
piece
>sides that came apart. When this happens, the keyboard floats,and it is very
>hard to align and repair properly

Guy

 Anyone Without a Sense of Humor Is At The Mercy of The Rest of Us.