What do you say? was Re: $32,000 Wurlie

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 16:13:33 -0600

Wimblees wrote:

> What do you say to someone who bought a piano for much more than its actual
> value? (not just the outrageous sum for the Wurlie, but even twice as much as
> what a piano is actually worth).

Wim,
Aren't you familiar with the "Greater Fool Theory of Economics"?  It states that
anything is worth what you pay for it as long is you can find a greater fool to
pay you even more money for it. - - - Seriously, I don't say anything.  I just
grit my teeth and do what they hired me to do (usually move and tune.)  Guy
brings up a good point with his 11 octave grand story.  Everybody knows there's 8
notes per octave - it had 88 keys and the word Grand written on the nameboard.

Danny Moore
BubbaLand, Texas