Kawai RX Bridges

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 10:17:18 -0600 (CST)

Hello all,

Nothing fun going on in the ol' Pianotech Treehouse. Newton would know what
to do, he would Hunt something up. Good advice, I'll give it a try. Been
meaning to ask this for some time, but there have been enough other
diversions/crusades that it just came up on the wheel.

I've got a question for Don Manino about the Kawai RX series bridges... why?
What prompted the alternating vertical laminations of what looks like maple
and mahogany? It looks sexy, and they sound pretty darn good, so what's the
scoop? I realise that the bridge isn't the only design change made to
account for the sound improvements, but it's so unusual (at least to me),
that I thought I'd ask.

 Ron Nossaman