Fw: Restoration

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 11:19:57 -0400

Arlene Carsten wrote:

> If there is anyone on this mailing list who may either have a supply of
> brass flanges for our old Chickering Grand or have drawings that we could
> use to fabricate new flanges out of some other material, we would appreciate
> a private reply to our e-mail address   carsten@prcn.org   We would also be
> interested in finding a technician who has had experience in rebuilding such
> pianos.  We have a machine shop at our disposal here as well as a son who is
> an expert machinist! Thanking you in advance for any replies.
>
> Arlene Carsten

Hi,
I seem to recollect using Billings Brass Flanges as found in APSCO's
catalogue, item #24433 on page 78. It woked on an older Chickering Grand
I worked on. Although with Chickering, I have found they were always
changing components, in some cases 2 types in the same piano. Although
I guess someone could have changed a section of components years ago.
Hope this helps,
John M. Ross