Appraisal of old Chickering

DICK BEATON rbeaton@initco.net
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 05:40:51 -0700

Doors unlocked
I had an "out in the boonies" appointment...intricate directions were
received and I followed them to the letter.  When I got in the driveway I
opened the garage entrance door. A Cadilac and a Lincoln were sitting
there, so I presumed the owner was home. I then knocked on the back door
and a large dog was barking, and barking, and BARRRKING!   Well, no answer
to the doorbell, so I tried the door and it was open. The barking got even
louder with scratches, etc. Nobody home!  I saw a phone on the kitchen
counter, so what the heck.  There was an envelope by the phone addressed to
someone other than I was looking for!  I picked up the phone and called the
lady I was supposed to be tuning for...she said Oh, you are at "so & so's,
just come on down the hill. You can see it from there!"  I said OK if I
don't meet someone with a 30-06 on the way.  I locked all the doors as I
left and went and tuned the right piano!  That dog never did quit
barking..l thought sure he would tear that door down, but luckily he
didn't.  Hope they had a key to get in when they got home.
Dick RPT MT