DH Baldwin Stability..

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 20:23:44 -0600

At 05:59 PM 1/13/98 -0500, Phil Bondi wrote:
>..one more thing on the D-C..there was a rod installed on the key bed about
>9 inches from the key slip..i haven't seen one placed there before..is this
>common?..

I have placed an additional Dampp-Chaser dehumidifier rod _under_ the
keybed if the action is having friction problems from high humidity.
However, the dehumidifier is always installed with an H-2 humidistat to
control it.  In a normal situation it is not used, but in a high humidity
environment, you can install a dehumidifier under the keybed.

If the dehumidifier rod is installed inside the action cavity, it needs to
be a very low wattage dehumidifier element (7 watts or 15 watts), and it
MUST be controlled by a humidistat.  There is always a risk to drying out
the pinblock too much if a high powered dehumidifier is used.

I don't know why the piano would be wobbly, unless it could be the fit of
the hardware that holds the leg to the underside of the piano.

Sincerely,
David

David A. Vanderhoofven, RPT
Joplin, Missouri, USA