Ice Storm

Marcel Carey mcpiano@microtec.net
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 18:30:11 -0500

Hi List and All,

Thank you for your good thoughts,

We were hit hard. I was lucky since I was only out of electricity for about 50
Hrs. Montreal region is far worse. Some people have been without power for over
8 days and Hydro are not sure yet if they can all be connected within the next
14 days. There were aver 800 high voltage pylones that came down. There were at
one point aver 1,350,000 people in the dark. Montreal was closed. They had to
close the bridges because of the ice. I saw so tv documents were they were
showing ice that came down from hydro pylons that was actually 3" thick. In a
few towns, ALL the trees came down or are cut in half. There are still over
15,000 canadian soldiers helping evacuating houses and watching empty cities.

Anyway, my server went down and I finally got my over 235 messsages today. I
might delete some.

Thanks for caring.

Marcel Carey