Methenol?

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:24:25 -0700

At 07:40 PM 1/14/98 -0800, Tim wrote:
>BOYINGTONR wrote:

> I've inquired at several drug stores locally and it seems as tho the feds
have
>> put a ban on the sale of methanol.  Have any others had a similar
experience.
>They may have banned the sale of absolute methanol in drug stores, but as
long as they still sell shellac at
>the paint store, they will have to sell methanol there.  It may be called
methyl alcohol, or methyl hydrate,
>but it is still the same thing: CH3-OH.  If you are not using it as a
chemical

Those of us in colder climes know this stuff as "gas-line antifreeze" and
you buy it at any gas station (expensive) or auto-parts store by the gallon
(cheap).

		John

John Musselwhite, RPT  - Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com - http://www.cadvision.com/musselj/