New Year Mystery

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 13:36:46 EST

<< 2. The Problem: A rattling sound in the key return when it is played
 several times quickly.  About 15 keys exhibited the problem, mostly in
 the middle of the keyboard.
 3. Things I checked before discovering the problem accidently:
 	a. Butt felt (no glue squeeze-out either)
 	b. Bridle wires
 	c. Center holes-pulley keys
 	d. Backchecks hitting sticker wires
 	e. Action screws
 	f. Key Bushing felt
 	g. Hammer glue joints
 	h. Damper system rod pin bushings in metal levers (I was getting
 desparate
 	about now!)

 4. The Mystery questions:
 	a. What was causing the noise?
 and	b. What did I do that revealed the problem accidently?

 Have fun Boys and Girls!

 Warren
 --
 Warren D. Fisher >>

Sounds to me like a pencil or other long object fell down between the stickers
and the wippens, which you didn't see untill you took off the bottom board.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis