Broken tuning pin---idea?

Don Mannino dmannino@kawaius.com
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 16:42:35 -0800

There is another approach which works very well.

Schaff made a special extractor for me, patterned after a factory tool I
saw. It is a large T-handle with a tuning tip attached to the stem of
the T. You place the tuning tip on the pin stub, then tap lightly with
the hammer (actually, tap as hard as you dare to without driving the pin
in any further!). The star tip will dig into the tuning pin stub, and
with a little care you can turn the pin right out!

Works great - I've used it on some very tight pins, and it has not
failed to work yet. MUCH better than the reverse-thread extractors, at
least in my experience. If you can't rig it up yourself, cal Herb
Johnson at Schaff and ask for Mannino's broken tuning pin extractor.

Don Mannino RPT

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/ms-tnef