Cash tips?

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:19:53 -0700 (MST)

Hi Ed:

I have received tips from 3 different people in 55 years. One was a $200 tip
on a $3300 rebuild of a Vose & Sons upright. This was from my High School
Class sponsor. 45 years after graduation.

Another customer always writes the check for $5 or $10 more than my bill.
When I raised my price up to $75 she did not add extra that time.

The other time was when I went to a Catholic church at 6:30 on a New Years
Eve to tune the piano for a small import Band which was performing that
night. I made out the bill for $80, they gave me $100 cash.

I've never felt like turning down a tip, but it is quite unusual to get one.

Jim Coleman, Sr.