Buzzing Acrosonic

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 08:48:07 -0800 (PST)

At 12:14 AM 1/17/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Mike Masters wrote:
>>
>> Hello List,
>
>>                         She describes the noise as kind of a buzz that is
in the back of
>> note. I have spent literally hours with us sitting at the piano. It
>> has never done it when I've been there.

>I had a Young Chang grand like that--noise turned out to be one of those
>fancy brass hygrometers on the wall nearby.  Could have sworn the sound
>was coming from the piano.  I have had similar experiences with
>lampshades, too.
>
>Try to get her to play the offending note, and you move around the room.
>Does she take everything *off* the top of the piano before you come?
>Maybe that's why you never hear it.
>Tim Keenan
>Noteworthy Piano Service
>Terrace, BC.

I had one customer with an elusive click. He complained a lot about it. When
I got there I couldn't hear it, so, as above, I had him play to show me. It
only happened on a certain chord -- when the fingernail of his middle finger
tapped the keytop.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Cheer up! Things may be getting worse at a slower rate."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant