Broadwood Value

Anne Beetem abeetem@wizard.net
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 23:26:16 -0500

>Well, I just finished its "fine regulation" Friday evening. I must say it
>plays and sounds somewhat less bad that I expected
>it to. The sound is certainly a bit different. We've not done any voicing
>to what is left of the hammers -- original, I
>think, and fairly badly worn -- and I'm not sure what can be done with
>them. We'll try that on Monday.

Hi Del,
     Those old hammers must be pretty worn and dry, and will sound awful.
Can the buyer be talked into recovering or replacement?   You should be
able to find a pretty good match.  Then it will sound much less bad than
you expect, but still, you can't turn a peanut grand into a Bosendorfer
concert grand.

Anne

Anne Beetem
Harpsichords & Historic Pianos