Broadwood Value

Sat, 17 Jan 1998 23:25:33 -0800

Anne Beetem wrote:

> Hi Del,
>      Those old hammers must be pretty worn and dry, and will sound awful.
> Can the buyer be talked into recovering or replacement?   You should be
> able to find a pretty good match.  Then it will sound much less bad than
> you expect, but still, you can't turn a peanut grand into a Bosendorfer
> concert grand.
>
> Anne
>
> Anne Beetem

----------------------

Anne,

No, but it can be made into a descent peanut grand. Even with small pianos it should be possible to make them sound
acceptable to good through the 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the scale that most music uses most of the time.

About new hammers, I don't know. It's not really our customer. We're just doing the catastrophic repairs. The soundboard,
pinblock and structural stuff.

The action was only regulated because the hammers has shifted toward the bass side sometime during its trip out here from the
east.

We're certainly going to recommend it to the servicing technician and to the owner when we deliver it on Monday.

We'll see.

Del