Broadwood Value

Anne Beetem abeetem@wizard.net
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 08:53:04 -0500

>No, but it can be made into a descent peanut grand. Even with small pianos
>it should be possible to make them sound
>acceptable to good through the 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the scale that most
>music uses most of the time.
>
>About new hammers, I don't know. It's not really our customer. We're just
>doing the catastrophic repairs. The soundboard,
>pinblock and structural stuff.

Agreed about decent peanuts.  It will still bring lots of pleasure.   BTW
to all, sorry about the one double mis-post,  hit the wrong button while
cleaning up old files.

I've restored turn of the century uprights where the customer wouldn't
spring for new hammers despite my advice, and they were very happy with
them, even though I was not.   Sounds like one of those cases.

  Best,  Anne

Anne Beetem
Harpsichords & Historic Pianos
2070 Bingham Ct.