damper flange cords

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 23:13:57 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, BSimon1234 wrote:

> In a message dated 1/18/98 10:59:03 AM, you wrote:
>
> Bob Bergantino wrote:

> <<How about dental floss (unflavored).  I've used for quick repair, but wonder
> about long-lasting effect.  Anyone have any "long term" experience using it?>>
>
> I tried dental floss on several projects and gave it up as too hard to use,
> too unreliable. I would like to cast a vote for the fishing line. NOT  THE
> MONOFILIMENT  KIND, but the old fashioned, black, braided stuff. Glues really
> well, exceedingly strong, cannot imagine andything working bettter. With
> different pound tests, it comes in a range of diameters.
>
> Bill Simon
> Phoenix

One thing that might work better than fishing line is Kevlar cord, which
is available on a per foot basis. Kevlar is the stuff from which bullet-
proof vests are made. Player technicians have been using it for "fish-
ing-pole" tracking mechanisms found on old vintage players, because it has
proven itself to be more durable than regular fishing line, which they
used to use until Kevlar came along. Just a thought.

Les Smith