Cloning Update

Zen Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 00:51:56 -0500

To all those Wonderful Sympathetic Fellow Technicians out there ....

If truth be known, I will be picking up a brand new digital cell phone with
digital service first thing Monday (tomorrow) morning.  One of the service
creature features I've ordered is Caller ID.  I seem to have a very long
memory for phone numbers so that a run of unfamiliar numbers will tip me
off to something bad, hopefully before much can happen.

Somebody (sorry I can't remember who right now) mentioned a feature in
digital phones in which the phone could be locked to outgoing but still
open to incoming calls.  Neat idea.  Thanks for mentioning it!

So far everybody at the cell- provider has been very helpful.  The
coincidental calls (calls made from Michigan within minutes of calls made
in Massachusetts) have been enough to convince them that something was out
of order when it was brought to their attention.  I happened to have been
the one in Massachusetts, just visiting the parents for the Holidays.  It
occurred to me that I have yet another piece of evidence of cloning ... it
will take awhile to crunch all of the numbers but the results should be
enlightening.  Obviously I'm ready for a good fight should it become
necessary.

ZR!  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net