Dumb - Dumb - Dumb

atonal@planet.eon.net atonal@planet.eon.net
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 01:43:08 +0000

Ed Carwithen wrote:

> >  It is a cold and damp day here, and the inside of the house is nice and
> >toasty from the wood stove heater.  All I can figure is that the wood and
> >felts were reacting to the cold and damp outside and swelled up.
> >  I waited 1/2 hour for the action to re-acclimate, and it was getting
> >better.  Will check again tomorrow to see if things have returned to normal.

	Susan's hair dryer trick will usually fix more than the hammer
problems, I routinely use a small 1200 watt dryer on action centres
that are sluggish  due to moisture. With this type of hair dryer, I
haven't had any problems with overheating action parts, wood, felt or
plastic. Concentrated heat guns are a different story,
though......

Regards,

Rob Kiddell,
Registered Piano Technician, PTG