[Fwd: Re: This temperament thing]

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:13:10 +0000

Bob,
    We do get excited and claim to hear things we think we should and
that is always sad.  This is how substandard popular music can survive
when there is music of much  higher quality available.  People are told
what they are expected to like based on age. I am sure that historical
temperaments make a difference to the music because i can hear it
myself.  Perhaps not knowing the pieces and being unfamiliar with the
genre makes it less obvious, but the sounds are still there.
-Mike