damper flange cords

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:46:27 -0600

Hi all,
Only the tech list could get me outside in this frigid 60 degree Louisiana
winter weather to dig around in my truck for the kind of cord I've been
using for whippen spring cord replacement.  It was Heavy Duty Nylon.  I
bought it in the "1908 Steinway whippen" shade of brown.  That stuff is SO
strong, I can hardly imagine anything stronger (but I'm sure there is).
Please, more discussion on whether synthetic or natural fiber is better.
Two posts have totally opposite opinions on this.  (not a first for this
list)  I was hoping all could discuss Why they THINK one is better.  David
thinks natural is the only way to go, Theodore suggested synthetic would be
best.  Thanks.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.