[Fwd: Re: This temperament thing]

JIMRPT JIMRPT@aol.com
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 19:38:59 EST

Mike;
 The ole wrong key/button has gotten us all at one time or the other and I am
sure will get us all again in the future :-)
  I suppose we were all abused by "rock" music unless you/they are in the
group who really love it. Personally I would rather listen to Glenn
Miller/Tommy Dorsey than Guns and Roses or the Eagles.
 I agree with you about the lyrics and stories behind much of todays rock
music, unfortunately the same themes of "(illicit sex, substance abuse,
violence, rebellion)." are endemic in "classical" works from Bach to Verdi and
this leads me into many discussions with my friends who deplore todays music
and lyrics while applauding the music and lyrics of a bygone composer who
wrote/themed about the same things. (although I readily admit the language was
not quite so graphic)

  Bottom line for all of us I suppose is that we should support that which we
care about and accept that which we don't, and not be afraid to say I like
this but I don't like that..........shuks Mike that will fill our buckets full
nough rite dere so we gots no times for worrin bout somones else problums.
;-)
Best Regards
Jim Bryant (FL)