hammer flange strings

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 21:15:47 -0800 (PST)

At 09:51 PM 1/18/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm confused, maybe I'm just tired, but are we talking about hammer flange
>or damper flange cord?  I just re-read most of the posts on "damper flange
>cords" and I think we're all thinking hammer flanges.  Teflon rod would be
>appropriate to try on damper flanges.    ?       Thanks.
>Lance Lafargue, RPT
>New Orleans Chapter
>Covington, LA.
>lafargue@iamerica.net

So let's change the subject line. (Why curse the darkness when you can light
a candle?)

Yamaha may think this only happens in Louisiana or Florida, but I found the
same thing in a piano from southern California, 20 years old, which had
never been near the coast. The cord was brown and would shred at a touch.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Cheer up! Things may be getting worse at a slower rate."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant