How similar are the scales...what should I tune with?

ETomlinCF3 ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:50:39 EST

The scales are similar on all Consoles...44.5 inches tall now...even the
studio Yamaha has a similar scale.  The C1 and recent G1's are similar enough
to use the same tuning on them.  Put a good tuning in the machine and go.  I
am sure Steve can chime in on this one.

Ed Tomlinson
Tomlinson Tuning and Repair

<<
 I am getting somewhat overwhelmed by the number of different Yamaha piano
 models there are and which ones, (scalewise) are the same piano.  There
 must be at least 3 different models of consoles that have D#3 at their
 first treble note with 2 wound string notes following.  Does anyone have
 the scoop on this?  Same thing on the C-1 and G-1.  Is the scale the same
 so one generic tuning would do in memory.  Does anyone have a list of this
 kind of stuff?
 James Grebe
 R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis
 pianoman@inlink.com
 "Success is not a goal, rather it is a way of life".