Yamaha tunings

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 18:13:09 -0600

Come on guys,
Surely the tunings between Yamaha verticals are different enough to warrant
their own generic tuning.
On my memory tuning file I have these consoles listed:
               C#3 4
M-405    D#3 2
M-2        D#3 3
M-302    D#3 2
M-50TC D#3 2
M-500H D#3 2
M1-F      D#3 2
As you know the first note designation is the beginning of the treble
section and the number following is the number of wound strings in the
treble.  Surely a couple of these would be the same scale, but which ones.
The same tuning couldn't work well on a piano with 3 wound notes as the one
with 2 or 4.
Who knows the technical answer on the tuning differences?
I know the Yamaha tuning machine did not make differences but I would guess
that that is why it isn't the ultimate tuning machine.
My inquiring mind would like to know.

James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Success is not a goal, rather it is a way of life".