advice needed

Frank Weston waco@ari.net
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 10:02:48 -0500

David,

Please refer to my post some weeks ago in which I commented on the
uselessness of worrying about things over which we have no control and
which, in any case, would probably make very little difference.  This
syndrome seems to infect most piano tuners (myself included), and the more
diligent the tuner, the worse the infection.  I assume full responsibility
for raising this particular issue.  What I should have written is:

A = 0, G# = -2, G = 4, F# = 6, F = 4, E = 2, D# = 0, D = -2, C# = 4, C =
-6, B = 4, A# = -2

Hoist on my on petard,

Frank Weston

----------
> From: Vanderhoofven <dkvander@clandjop.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: advice needed
> Date: Friday, January 23, 1998 11:08 PM
>
> Dear Frank,
>
> If I use my Accu-tuner, the display only goes to 1/10 of a cent, not
1/100
> of a cent like the RCT.  So, does it make a difference if I round up or
> round down to the nearest 1/10 of a cent?  I know it is an infinitesimal
> difference, but I am just wondering.
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> At 08:39 AM 1/21/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >Try a Vallotti-Young.  It's theoretically the best form of
> >well-temperament, and in actual practice it gives very good results.
The