English History for Anne

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 11:13:28 -0500

Barrie, our civil war was, like more wars, ecconomics.  Slavery was a
convience hook for emotional support for the war.  Essentially the North
wanted a full untion of states and the south wanted to sescede from the
northern union.

Our vival war was the bloodiest war we ever fought, more Americans died
in that war than all the other wars put togather.

Interestingly the Cuban (Spanish war) was the first war we ever lost.
Of course our history books do not say as muchs, but we did loose that
conflict, as we did the Korean war and the Vietnam war.

Interesting how history gets modified with time.

	Newton