spinets

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 13:02:08 -0600 (CST)

Hi Mickiel,

It's not as bad as you think... it's much worse. The Baldwin Acrosonic (if
that's what you tuned) was one of the best spinets made. We have plenty of
others to chose from over here, ranging from worse, through much worse, to
utterly hopeless. They sell because they're relatively cheap. To a lot of
people, a piano is a piano, the only difference between them is the price
and the color of the case. May you go another six years before you have to
tune another one.

Ron

At 08:28 AM 1/24/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>Northern American techs.
>Today, for the first time in my 6 year old career as a piano tuner, I tuned
>a Baldwin spinet.
>Overhere we have all kinds of Eastern European PSO's.
>But those spinet things don't even have the shape of a piano.
>What a terrible job that must be to service them.
>Or don't you service them, and just throw them away like we will do with the
>Chinese and Russian junk .
>Tuning is not so bad, I think every physiotherapist would encourage the
>spinet
>models for tuners.
>And tuning doesn't take much time because nobody hears the difference if you
>take 45 minutes to tune or 3 hours.
>But please keep them on your side of the Atlantic.
>
>Vriendelijke groeten,
>Michiel van Loon
>Meppel
>Nederland