A-428 Tuning Question - HELP

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@nau.edu
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 16:15:40 -0700

I just received a phone call asking me if I would be able to tune for a
recital tomorrow afternoon at a church, to featuring a fortepiano tuned
to A-428. From what I understand, it will be a "normal" equal
temperment, but A-428 is not a pitch I am regularly accustomed to, nor
am I entirely certain how to establish this pitch.

Assuming I whip out the ol' trusty Sanderson II to set my "A", could
someone tell me how many cents flat A-428 should be from A-440?  Any
additional suggestions would also be of help.

Thanks!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Morthern Arizona U. Tech