Lester

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:17:58 EST

>I must defend the Lester Betsey Ross spinet! John Grebe may have had some
>bad experiences, but I find these pianos to be amazingly rugged and
>dependable. True they sound like a spinet and they were cheap, but they
>are not difficult to service and really last. (I tune a lot of them,
>since I live 18 miles from where they were made... in Lester, PA).
>

>Philip Jamison

I agree. Once the plastic elbows have been replaced, (I replace mine with
wooden ones), I have found these little spinets to be quite nice. Yes it's a
spinet, but compared to some of the others out there, they're not bad.

Willem Blees.

PS. Since the subject was talked about before, I charge $350 to replace
plastic elbows, (with wooden ones).  For that I remove the keys and action,
vacuum under the keys and the bottom of the piano, tighten all the screws,
shape the hammers, and blow out the action, replace and regulate the action
and tune it.(I will even raise pitch for this price).  This way the action and
piano will be in as good a shape as it is going to get, and the customer gets
a decent playing and sounding piano. By making sure everything works right,
and that it is in tune, I won't have the customer calling me back complaining
about something not working, or the piano not sounding right.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis