War & Pianos

Ray Hopland hoplandr@cadvision.com
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:15:48 -0700

List;

        One of our major piano makers in Canada was Mason & Risch.  During
WW2 they made disposable fuel tank for the fighter planes but after the day
was over, the workers came back at night and made pianos on their own time.
I can't verify this as I wasn' in the piano business at that time but it
does make for an interesting story.

        I also understand the Link nickeleodian company made flight
simulators using the player piano pneumatic system.  Called the Link trainer.

Regards,
Ray