Stieff Pianos

Anne Beetem abeetem@wizard.net
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 22:50:37 -0500

Oh, those old Stieff uprights are wondrous things.  Baltimore based, I
believe?  You find a good number of them in the Washington DC area.  They
were very well built, and rebuilt/restored/renovated (choose one or more,
according to official definition of your choice), they are superb machines,
and good instruments, too.  Those old finishes clean up nicely, too.    At
least one large scale new sales and restoration shop in this area buys all
it can find and sells them as quickly as they are finished.  I've seen a
few grands, too, also very well built, though not quite as satisfying as a
musical instrument for a grand to my taste.  My taste, admittedly, is
rather particular.

ab

Anne Beetem
Harpsichords & Historic Pianos