spinets

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 13:58:29 -0500

At 01:30 PM 1/25/98 EST, you wrote:
>Mike:
>3M puts out a product that is perfect for these windows. It is a film that is
>applied to the window that filters out the ultra violet rays, which causes
>fading on finishes, and reduces the heat transmitted throught hte window,
>which reduces the need for airconditioning in the summer. It is rather
>expensive, but for those who can afford the big homes witht he big
windows, it
>is not out of reach.
>Wim Blees

I don't know if it was this product or one similar to it, but a piano near
here was
drastically faded out within a few years. It lowered the value of the piano
by a
considerable degree. Obviously it doesn't eliminated 'death rays' just
weakens them.

I have seen problems by just being in a sunny room, not in direct sunlight.
It must be the ambient radiant energy.

I always advise a room with the least sun.  But the interior decorator gets
the
last word. Heavens, if that silly, little twit would just *understand*.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)