Windows and pianos

Tim Keenan & Rebecca Counts tkeenan@kermode.net
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 15:37:51 -0800

ETomlinCF3 wrote:

> Mike Hoffman asks if anyone is seeing lots of pianos in windows.  I am
> building a new 2500+ sq ft home and I also will place it in front of a large
> bay window...because it makes me happy to play it there. *snip*

The only place in my house to put a grand (I will have one some day)
would be in a south-facing bay window, too.  There are things that can be
done to ameliorate such an environment, though.  There are thermal pane
windows with a membrane between the two pieces of glass which reflects UV
and IR. This would go a long way towards preventing damage to the finish
of the instrument.

Tim Keenan
Noteworthy Piano Service
Terrace, BC