spinets

JElving JElving@aol.com
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 01:38:31 EST

In a message dated 1/24/98 10:21:58 AM EST, Billbrpt@aol.com writes:

<< There are only so many expensive pianos that will only need your very
valuable
 tuning skills and nothing else.  When these are serviced and the customer is
 content with what you have accomplished, the spinets will be waiting for you.
 Your bank account won't reflect from which kind of piano you earned the
money.
     Bill Bremmer RPT

Have to agree with you here on this one, Bill. In many sections of California,
there are fine technicians who never see a fine piano because there aren't any
that they could work on. Our job, should we accept the challenge, is to make
the customer feel that the ''whatever'' spinet, or low cost ''stencil'' piano
is the finest piano that they could have purchased. In many ways, that is far
more challenging than keeping the Charles Baldweindorfer in top shape and
playing well. (Oh yes, I do enjoy working on them, just don't get to as often
as I would wish.)

John Elving, RPT
San Leandro, CA
JElving@aol.com