44 Cents Low

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:25:14 -0600

Dear Sy and the list,

If you look in the Pianotech Archives under the topic "World's Worst Tuner"
and "Lawful Pitch" in March 1997, you can see some earlier discussion of
this topic.

Sincerely,
David

At 10:36 PM 1/25/98 -0700, you wrote:
>List--from Sy Zabrocki:
>
>For about six months a music director from a large church asked me to tune
3 pianos low. I was reluctant to do this but finally caved in. One was a
Kawai KG-2 and 2 old uprights. In fact he even gave me a tuning fork which
measured 44 cents low on the Acc
>u-tuner.
>
>He gave me a 14 page document which describes some kind of belief that the
lower pitch is more in tune with the human body. The cover page in entitled:

>A Manual--On the Rudiments of Tuning and Registration
>Book I--Introduction and Human Singing Voice     Schiller Institute 1992

>All this gobble-gook was too much for me and I just smiled at him while he
tried to convince me it has been proven the human voice is more comfortably
at this pitch. There is apparently some group of society promoting this and
this is where he obtained th
>e special tuning fork.

>Sy Zabrocki--RPT

David A. Vanderhoofven, RPT