Windows and pianos

MHoffman11 MHoffman11@aol.com
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 20:01:33 EST

Hello Ed and list:

<<  I encourage them to do so.
 Pianos should be played and looked at. If it makes them love it more than so
 be it.  I let them know of the risks and how it will shorten the life of the
 finish and the piano...but tell them if you tune and service it more often
and
 still wish to have it there then fine.  I get to visit them more often and
 they enjoy the piano more.  A win, win situation in my book.

 Ed Tomlinson >>

See, there is a reason I subscribe to this list!  I was just so "burned" by
trying to tune a piano while being fried in the sun that I forgot there is an
"up" side to it (making more calls to the house!).

I did read the customer the riot act, but I'd REALLY like to read it to the
interior decorator.  An eighteen foot high window with no provision for
dampening some of the glare is, well, a glaring error.  At least  IMHO.
Forgive the frustrated grumble from a tech trying to make a living and keep my
"cool" at the same time.

Thanks for the comments, all.

Stay Tuned,

Mike Hoffman, RPT
Marquette, MI

(where we only get 3 days of sunshine from November-March and sure enough, I'm
tuning pianos in windows on all three of them!)